Key Work Packages
WP2 Ethics and Privacy
KPIs: privacy analysis, appropriation model, ethical framework, design embedding
- Maps and analyzes ethical dimensions and implications of RF-based omnipresent environmental perception,
- Derives the privacy constraints of RF-based omnipresent environmental perception, and
- Develops a model for the responsible design and appropriation of impactful technologies
Success criteria: understanding the impact of omnipresent RF-based sensing on privacy and develop a responsible design approach that targets different layers of the RF-based perception process.
Exploitable results: Technology development recommendations for private and ethically by design products.
WP3 RF Holography and Perception in Static Environments
KPIs: ethically compliant centimetre-scale 3D localization
- Develops a technique to image the propagation of wireless radiation in arbitrary environments,
- Performs privacy driven diagnostics for optimization of buildings and detection schemes,
- Records scattered electromagnetic stray fields to generate ground truth data for WP5, and
- Studies privacy compliant indoor localization with passive tags
Success criteria: To achieve 3D indoor localization accuracy for static targets of <10cm.
Exploitable results: Privacy-scalable continuous space RF Holography algorithms.
WP4 RF Holography and Perception in Dynamic Environments
KPIs: Privacy-selective dynamic tracking of multiple discrete targets
- Generates large tensor structures of stop-motion frames (time slices) of static holographic recordings to fully characterize body/object motions and to optimize background subtraction,
- Extracts body positions from signals received by discrete antennas in dynamic, non-stationary environments via RF holography, beamforming and massive MIMO techniques
- Tracks body/object movement via dense steerable smart 5G antenna arrays (8-64 antennas)
Success criteria: discriminate and count >50 moving subjects in 3D with an accuracy of >95%.
Exploitable results: Privacy-scalable RF processing for anonymous sensing & tracking of individuals & crowds.
WP5 Network data aggregation and processing
KPIs: distinction of 10+ gestures and motions
- Defines tensor data structures and data preprocessing,
- Defines big data analysis for massive RF data, incl. deep learning and distributed tools that protect privacy,
- Advances RF holography using preprocessed massive RF data, and
- Advances predictive capabilities with massive RF data.
Success criteria: distinction of >10 free-space gestures and motions from massive multi-antenna RF data.
Exploitable results: (1) Direction agnostic RF recognition; (2) Privacy scalable DL models for RF data.
WP6 Technology transfer
KPIs: TRL 4. Technology transfer to next gen. 5G+ & WiFi chipsets
- Analyses the conditions for a responsible societal introduction of ethically compliant RF perception, and
- Laboratory-validates the RF-perception tools (TRL-4)
Exploitable results: Technology lab validation for static, dynamic and multi-target privacy scalable scenarios.
WP7 Communication, dissemination, exploitation and data management
WP7 disseminates the project results through popular and regular scientific channels.
Success criteria: achieving at least 10 social media re-posts per month from M6 onward. For each partner, at least one high-impact publication per year. Develop commercialisation strategy and business relevance.
WP8 Ethics requirements
WP8 sets out the 'ethics requirements' that the project must comply with.